Monday, March 15, 2010

Random

It really is a small world. Today I was out on a ride and met up with two dudes who somehow managed to get a dream job, building trails for the IMBA, traveling all around the country. They were operating a miniature sized Bobcat excavator to build berms on an area where they were converting an old fire road to a trail. We got to talking and I found out that they had just gotten back from working in NC at Uhwarrie NF building trails. Crazy!! Then, I found out that they have 4 good buddies in Hood River where they live who went to App State! And 10 more down in Bend! So crazy. When I asked them how they managed to have my dream job, they just said "luck". And not to mention, these guys have built one of the sickest trails I've ridden in a long time, anywhere!

2 weeks till the first downhill race...

1 comment:

Butch Greene said...

Remember, you make your own luck by being persistent and being in the right places for luck to find you!