Wednesday, June 9, 2010

More new trails

Lately I've been riding some new (to me) trails in the area. The latest spot was just across the Columbia River from Portland near Washougal, WA. It is about a 30 minute drive from my house in Portland, which by West Coast standards is damn close! I wasn't sure what the trail would be like, but I heard that the shuttle turn-around times were very short so you could bang out a lot of runs in an afternoon. Well turns out it is a VERY good trail, right up my alley. Dark, soft dirt, tons of really tight turns, and it was really STEEP. The kind of track that would just rail with a set of spikes on. Lots of jumps thrown in there for fun too. I did one timed run, and it was right at 5 minutes, with relatively no pedaling unless you wanted to go really fast.

There are still about 4 spots that are really close by that I've yet to check out, so hopefully they are just as good as this.

No comments: