Sunday, January 17, 2010

Pee En Dub

Life in Oregon has been great so far. I don't have to pump my own gas (still getting used to that), pay sales tax (which is AWESOME!!!) and I get to ride some world class trails every day. The riding here is different in that the dirt doesn't really get too affected by lots of rain. It gets wet for sure, and sometimes a bit muddy in spots, but for the most part the dirt stays hard but it just absorbs water like a sponge and the conditions are more than steller for riding.

Yesterday I went down to Falls City and checked out Black Rock. I've been hearing a lot about this place, and even seen it in some major bike videos, so I had to check it out. When I arrived there, I knew it was going to be cool, but I had no idea just how massive of a place this is! And free!!!!! To put it in perspective, I'd have to say that there are more trails here than most bike parks at the resorts I've ridden, and the quality of trails and features are some of the best I've ever ridden. There is even a dedicated race track. But the best part of Black Rock is the seemingly endless amount of man-made features to ride, jump, and drop off of. And BIG ones too!!! Everything is marked so well, and the small army of local trail builders do a great job of keeping things fresh. On the way up you cross under at least 5 different big road gaps over the shuttle road. It had everything that I would possibly want in a bike park, and then a lot more.

Huge props to the builders!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ScY1r27xcR8

No comments: